- Types Of Speech
- You can use watch as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Watch
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters a, c, h, t, and w, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter t. Watch starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters w, wa, wat, watc, and the ending characters are h, ch, tch, atch, ..
- Be vigilant, be on the lookout, be on one''s guard, be careful; "Watch out for pickpockets!"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Watch is set as a grade one word that starts with w, ends with h, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is watch a scrabble word? A 13 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Watch in Pig Latin is said as "atchway or atchwway".
- w | a | t | c | h
- wa | at | tc | ch
- wat | atc | tch
- watc | atch
- Word Gram
- Verb Examples
- be vigilant, be on the lookout, be on one's guard, be careful;
"watch out for pickpockets!"
- follow with the eyes or the mind;
"Keep an eye on the baby, please!";
"The world is watching Sarajevo";
"She followed the men with the binoculars"
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort;
"I want to see whether she speaks French";
"See whether it works";
"find out if he speaks Russian";
"Check whether the train leaves on time"
- observe with attention;
"They watched as the murderer was executed"
- observe or determine by looking;
"watch how the dog chases the cats away"
- look attentively;
"watch a basketball game"
- see or watch;
"view a show on television";
"This program will be seen all over the world";
"view an exhibition";
"Catch a show on Broadway";
"see a movie"
- Noun Examples
- a devotional watch (especially on the eve of a religious festival)
- a small portable timepiece
- a person employed to watch for something to happen
- a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
- the period during which someone (especially a guard) is on duty
- a purposeful surveillance to guard or observe
|Advert||a public promotion of some product or service|
|Alert||an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger|
|Attend||give heed (to)|
"The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"
"She hung on his every word"
"They attended to everything he said"
|Attend To Business|
|Audit||a methodical examination or review of a condition or situation|
"he made an audit of all the plants on his property"
"an energy efficiency audit"
"an email log audit"
|Beware||be on one''s guard|
be cautious or wary about
be alert to
"Beware of telephone salesmen"
|Be Obsessed With|
View all cognitive synonyms for Watch
|Watch||be vigilant, be on the lookout, be on one''s guard, be careful|
"Watch out for pickpockets!"
View English words with the unique letters used in watch. Words With The Letters Achtw
|Lookout||the act of looking out|
|Observatory||a structure commanding a wide view of its surroundings|
|Outlook||the act of looking out|
|Picket||a wooden strip forming part of a fence|
|Scout||a person employed to watch for something to happen|
|Beware||be on one''s guard;|
be cautious or wary about;
be alert to;
"Beware of telephone salesmen"
|Keep Ones Eyes Open|
|Keep Ones Eyes Peeled|
|Keep Ones Eyes Skinned|
|Mind||that which is responsible for one''s thoughts and feelings;|
the seat of the faculty of reason;
"his mind wandered";
"I couldn''t get his words out of my head"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Watch (5 letters)||13||13||watch|
|Whatchy (7 letters)||21 +8||19 +6||whatchy|
Watch Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With W
- Ends With H
- Spelled With / Contains Letters