- Types Of Speech
- You can use different as a article or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Different
- A 3 syllables article and 9 letters with the letters d, e, f, i, n, r, and t, 6 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter e. Different starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters d, di, dif, diff, diffe, and the ending characters are t, nt, ent, rent, erent, . Different is also a double consonant (ff) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Differing from all others; not ordinary; "advertising that strives continually to be different"; "this new music is certainly different but I don''t really like it"
- Middle English
- Pig Latin
- Different in Pig Latin is said as "ifferentday or ifferentdway".
- d | i | f | f | e | r | e | n | t
- di | if | ff | fe | er | re | en | nt
- dif | iff | ffe | fer | ere | ren | ent
- diff | iffe | ffer | fere | eren | rent
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- differing from all others;
"advertising that strives continually to be different";
"this new music is certainly different but I don't really like it"
- distinctly separate from the first;
"that's another (or different) issue altogether"
- distinct or separate;
"each interviewed different members of the community"
- Article Examples
- not like;
marked by dissimilarity;
"for twins they are very unlike";
"people are profoundly different"
- unlike in nature or quality or form or degree;
"took different approaches to the problem";
"came to a different conclusion";
"different parts of the country";
"on different sides of the issue";
"this meeting was different from the earlier one"
|Aberrant||one whose behavior departs substantially from the norm of a group|
|Abnormal||much greater than the normal|
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Abundant||present in great quantity|
"an abundant supply of water"
|Accurate||conforming exactly or almost exactly to fact or to a standard or performing with total accuracy|
"an accurate reproduction"
"the accounting was accurate"
"an accurate scale"
|Amorphous||without real or apparent crystalline form|
"an amorphous mineral"
|Anomalous||deviating from the general or common order or type|
"advanced forms of life may be anomalous in the universe"
View all cognitive synonyms for Different
|Different||differing from all others|
"advertising that strives continually to be different"
"this new music is certainly different but I don''t really like it"
View English words with the unique letters used in different. Words With The Letters Definrt
|Unusual||not commonly encountered;|
"two-career families are no longer unusual"
|Negative Feelings||Describe different||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
Different Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters