- Types Of Speech
- You can use high as a article, noun, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About High
- A 1 syllables article and 4 letters with the letters g, h, and i, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ig. High starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters h, hi, hig, and the ending characters are h, gh, igh, ..
- A forward gear with a gear ratio giving high vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
- Middle English
- School Grade
- High is set as a kindergarten word that starts with h, ends with h, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is high a scrabble word? A 11 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- High in Pig Latin is said as "ighhay or ighhway".
- h | i | g | h
- hi | ig | gh
- hig | igh
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a forward gear with a gear ratio giving high vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
- a lofty level or position or degree;
"summer temperatures reached an all-time high"
- a public secondary school usually including grades 9 through 12;
"he goes to the neighborhood highschool"
- a high place;
"they stood on high and observed the coutryside";
"he doesn't like heights"
- a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics;
"they took drugs to get a high on"
- a state of sustained elation;
"I'm on a permanent high these days"
- an air mass of higher than normal pressure;
"the east coast benefits from a Bermuda high"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- happy and excited and energetic
- slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug (especially marijuana)
- used of the smell of game beginning to taint
- standing above others in quality or position;
"people in high places";
"the high priest";
"eminent members of the community"
- Article Examples
- (literal meanings) being at or having a relatively great or specific elevation or upward extension (sometimes used in combinations like `knee-high');
"a high mountain";
"a high forehead";
"a high incline";
"a foot high"
- greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount;
"a high temperature";
"a high price";
"the high point of his career";
"has high hopes";
"the river is high";
"he has a high opinion of himself"
- used of sounds and voices;
high in pitch or frequency
- Adverb Examples
- at a great altitude;
"he climbed high on the ladder"
- far up toward the source;
"he lives high up the river"
- in or to a high position, amount, or degree;
"prices have gone up far too high"
- in a rich manner;
"he lives high"
|Abandoned||left desolate or empty|
"an abandoned child"
"their deserted wives and children"
"an abandoned shack"
|Abaxial||facing away from the axis of an organ or organism|
"the abaxial surface of a leaf is the underside or side facing away from the stem"
|Above||appearing earlier in the same text|
"flaws in the above interpretation"
|Absorbed||taken in through the pores of a surface|
"the absorbed water expanded the sponge"
|Absurd||inconsistent with reason or logic or common sense|
"the absurd predicament of seeming to argue that virtue is highly desirable but intensely unpleasant"- Walter Lippman
|Academy||a learned establishment for the advancement of knowledge|
|Accented||used of syllables or musical beats|
|Acidity||the property of being acidic|
|Acme||the highest point (of something)|
"at the peak of the pyramid"
View all cognitive synonyms for High
|High||a forward gear with a gear ratio giving high vehicle velocity for a given engine speed|
View English words with the unique letters used in high. Words With The Letters Ghi
|Gear||a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion|
|Overdrive||a high gear used at high speeds to maintain the driving speed with less output power|
|Car||a conveyance for passengers or freight on a cable railway;|
"they took a cable car to the top of the mountain"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Thing (5 letters)||9||10||night|
|Flight (6 letters)||13 +2||14 +4||flight|
|Hegira (6 letters)||10||10||hegari|
|Right (5 letters)||9||9||right|
|Fight (5 letters)||12 +1||12 +2||fight|
|Shogi (5 letters)||9||9||shogi|
|Sight (5 letters)||9||9||sight|
|Haying (6 letters)||13 +2||13 +3||haying|
|Hiding (6 letters)||11||12 +2||hiding|
|Slight (6 letters)||10||11 +1||lights|
|Chigoe (6 letters)||12 +1||13 +3||chigoe|
|Big H (5 letters)|
|Bight (5 letters)||11||12 +2||bight|
|Girth (5 letters)||9||9||right|
|Dinghy (6 letters)||14 +3||14 +4||dinghy|
|Hayrig (6 letters)||13 +2||12 +2||hayrig|
|High (4 letters)||11||10||high|
|Hinge (5 letters)||9||10||hinge|
|Tights (6 letters)||10||10||ghistt|
|Knight (6 letters)||14 +3||15 +5||knight|
|Light (5 letters)||9||10||thgli|
|Sleigh (6 letters)||10||11 +1||sleigh|
|Weight (6 letters)||13 +2||13 +3||weight|
|Height (6 letters)||13 +2||12 +2||height|
|Might (5 letters)||11||12 +2||ghimt|
High Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With H
- Ends With H
- Spelled With / Contains Letters