- Types Of Speech
- You can use ill as a article, noun, adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Ill
- A 1 syllables article and 3 letters with the letters i, and l, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter l. Ill starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters i, il, and the ending characters are l, ll, . Ill is also a double consonant (ll) word. View the double consonant words list.
- An often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Ill is set as a kindergarten word that starts with i, ends with l, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is ill a scrabble word? A 3 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Ill in Pig Latin is said as "illay or illway".
- i | l | l
- il | ll
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- an often persistent bodily disorder or disease;
a cause for complaining
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- presaging ill-fortune;
"my words with inauspicious thunderings shook heaven"- P.B.Shelley;
"a dead and ominous silence prevailed";
"a by-election at a time highly unpropitious for the Government"
"of ill repute"
- resulting in suffering or adversity;
"it's an ill wind that blows no good"
- indicating hostility or enmity;
"you certainly did me an ill turn";
- Article Examples
- not in good physical or mental health;
"ill from the monotony of his suffering"
- Adverb Examples
- (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner;
"he was ill prepared";
"it ill befits a man to betray old friends";
"the car runs badly";
"he performed badly on the exam";
"the team played poorly";
- with difficulty or inconvenience;
scarcely or hardly;
"we can ill afford to buy a new car just now"
- unfavorably or with disapproval;
"tried not to speak ill of the dead";
"thought badly of him for his lack of concern"
|Abnormality||behavior that breaches the rule or etiquette or custom or morality|
|Abomination||an action that is vicious or vile|
an action that arouses disgust or abhorence
"his treatment of the children is an abomination"
|Adverse||in an opposing direction|
"a contrary wind"
|Affection||a positive feeling of liking|
"he had trouble expressing the affection he felt"
"the child won everyone''s heart"
|Affectionateness||a quality proceeding from feelings of affection or love|
|Affliction||a cause of great suffering and distress|
|Agitation||the act of agitating something|
causing it to move around (usually vigorously)
|Ailing||somewhat ill or prone to illness|
"my poor ailing grandmother"
"feeling a bit indisposed today"
"you look a little peaked"
"a sickly child"
"is unwell and can''t come to work"
|Ailment||an often persistent bodily disorder or disease|
a cause for complaining
View all cognitive synonyms for Ill
|Ill||an often persistent bodily disorder or disease|
a cause for complaining
View English words with the unique letters used in ill. Words With The Letters Il
|Afflict||cause bodily suffering to|
|Ail||aromatic bulb used as seasoning|
|Pain||a somatic sensation of acute discomfort|
"as the intensity increased the sensation changed from tickle to pain"
|Trouble||an effort that is inconvenient|
"I went to a lot of trouble"
"he won without any trouble"
"had difficulty walking"
"finished the test only with great difficulty"
|Disorder||a disturbance of the peace or of public order|
|Upset||an improbable and unexpected victory|
"the biggest upset since David beat Goliath"
|Kinetosis||the state of being dizzy or nauseated because of the motions that occur while traveling in or on a moving vehicle|
|Pip||a radar echo displayed so as to show the position of a reflecting surface|
View All Names For Ill
|Negative Feelings||Describe ill||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Life (4 letters)||7 +4||8 +3||efil|
|Slip (4 letters)||6 +3||8 +3||lips|
|Spill (5 letters)||7 +4||10 +5||spill|
|Fling (5 letters)||9 +6||12 +7||fling|
|Flip (4 letters)||9 +6||11 +6||flip|
|Lift (4 letters)||7 +4||8 +3||lift|
|Liner (5 letters)||5 +2||7 +2||lirne|
|Clip (4 letters)||8 +5||11 +6||clip|
|Flit (4 letters)||7 +4||8 +3||lift|
|Exile (5 letters)||12 +9||13 +8||eeilx|
|Broil (5 letters)||7 +4||9 +4||broil|
|Limp (4 letters)||8 +5||11 +6||limp|
|Glide (5 letters)||7 +4||9 +4||glide|
|Sail (4 letters)||4 +1||5||sail|
|Climb (5 letters)||11 +8||15 +10||climb|
|Slide (5 letters)||6 +3||7 +2||slide|
|Twirl (5 letters)||8 +5||9 +4||ilrtw|
|Whirl (5 letters)||11 +8||11 +6||whirl|
|Tilt (4 letters)||4 +1||5||tilt|
|Mill (4 letters)||6 +3||9 +4||illm|
|Wilt (4 letters)||7 +4||8 +3||wilt|
|Split (5 letters)||7 +4||9 +4||split|
|Flirt (5 letters)||8 +5||9 +4||flirt|
|Lindy (5 letters)||9 +6||10 +5||lindy|
|Bill (4 letters)||6 +3||9 +4||bill|
Ill Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With I
- Ends With L
- Spelled With / Contains Letters