- Types Of Speech
- You can use round as a article, noun, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Round
- A 1 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters d, n, o, r, and u, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter u. Round starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters r, ro, rou, roun, and the ending characters are d, nd, und, ound, ..
- The usual activities in your day; "the doctor made his rounds"
- Old French
- School Grade
- Round is set as a kindergarten word that starts with r, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is round a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Round in Pig Latin is said as "oundray or oundrway".
- r | o | u | n | d
- ro | ou | un | nd
- rou | oun | und
- roun | ound
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the usual activities in your day;
"the doctor made his rounds"
- the activity of playing 18 holes of golf;
"a round of golf takes about 4 hours"
- (often plural) a series of professional calls (usually in a set order);
"the doctor goes on his rounds first thing every morning";
"the postman's rounds";
"we enjoyed our round of the local bars"
- any circular or rotating mechanism;
"the machine punched out metal circles"
- a charge of ammunition for a single shot
- a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
- an outburst of applause;
"there was a round of applause"
- a partsong in which voices follow each other;
one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time;
"they enjoyed singing rounds"
- a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg
- a serving to each of a group (usually alcoholic);
"he ordered a second round"
- a regular route for a sentry or policeman;
"in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name"
- the course along which communications spread;
"the story is going the rounds in Washington"
- (sports) a period of play during which one team is on the offensive
- an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs;
"the neverending cycle of the seasons"
- Verb Examples
- become round, plump, or shapely;
"The young woman is fleshing out"
- make round;
"round the edges"
- express as a round number;
"round off the amount"
- bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state;
"polish your social manners"
- attack in speech or writing;
"The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
- pronounce with rounded lips
- wind around;
move along a circular course;
"round the bend"
- be around;
"Developments surround the town";
"The river encircles the village"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- (of numbers) to the nearest ten, hundred, or thousand;
"in round numbers"
- (of sounds) full and rich;
"the rotund and reverberating phrase";
- Article Examples
- having a circular shape
- Adverb Examples
- from beginning to end;
"It rains all year round on Skye";
"frigid weather the year around"
|Abdominal External Oblique Muscle|
|About||(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct|
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he''s about 30 years old"
"I''ve had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundre
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Accurate||conforming exactly or almost exactly to fact or to a standard or performing with total accuracy|
"an accurate reproduction"
"the accounting was accurate"
"an accurate scale"
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Admitting No Exception|
|Advance||the act of moving forward toward a goal|
|Advancement||gradual improvement or growth or development|
"advancement of knowledge"
"great progress in the arts"
|Aeroplane||an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets|
"the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
"she tried again"
"they rehearsed the scene again"
View all cognitive synonyms for Round
|Round||the usual activities in your day|
"the doctor made his rounds"
View English words with the unique letters used in round. Words With The Letters Dnoru
|Habitude||habitual mode of behavior|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Rubdown (7 letters)||13 +7||16 +8||rubdown|
|Round (5 letters)||6||8||round|
|Bourdon (7 letters)||10 +4||13 +5||bdnooru|
|Candour (7 letters)||10 +4||13 +5||candour|
|Rundown (7 letters)||11 +5||14 +6||dnnoruw|
|Arundo (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||around|
|Around (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||around|
|Arround (7 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||arround|
Round Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With R
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters