- Types Of Speech
- You can use turn as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Turn
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters n, r, t, and u, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ur. Turn starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters t, tu, tur, and the ending characters are n, rn, urn, ..
- Taking a short walk out and back; "we took a turn in the park"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Turn is set as a grade two word that starts with t, ends with n, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is turn a scrabble word? A 4 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Turn in Pig Latin is said as "urntay or urntway".
- t | u | r | n
- tu | ur | rn
- tur | urn
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- taking a short walk out and back;
"we took a turn in the park"
- turning or twisting around (in place);
"with a quick twist of his head he surveyed the room"
- turning away or in the opposite direction;
"he made an abrupt turn away from her"
- the act of changing or reversing the direction of the course;
"he took a turn to the right"
- the activity of doing something in an agreed succession;
"it is my turn";
"it is still my play"
- a favor for someone;
"he did me a good turn"
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program;
"he did his act three times every evening";
"she had a catchy little routine";
"it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
- a movement in a new direction;
"the turning of the wind"
- an unforeseen development;
"events suddenly took an awkward turn"
- a circular segment of a curve;
"a bend in the road";
"a crook in the path"
- (sports) a period of play during which one team is on the offensive
- a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else);
"it's my go";
"a spell of work"
- Verb Examples
- twist suddenly so as to sprain;
"wrench one's ankle";
"The wrestler twisted his shoulder";
"the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell";
"I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days"
- pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute;
"The weather turned nasty";
"She grew angry"
- change to the contrary;
"The trend was reversed";
"the tides turned against him";
"public opinion turned when it was revealed that the president had an affair with a White House intern"
- undergo a transformation or a change of position or action;
"We turned from Socialism to Capitalism";
"The people turned against the President when he stole the election"
- become officially one year older;
"She is turning 50 this year"
- change color;
"In Vermont, the leaves turn early"
- go sour or spoil;
"The milk has soured";
"The wine worked";
"The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
- have recourse to or make an appeal or request for help or information to;
"She called on her Representative to help her";
"She turned to her relatives for help"
- direct at someone;
"She turned a smile on me";
"They turned their flashlights on the car"
- alter the functioning or setting of;
"turn the dial to 10";
"turn the heat down"
- cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form;
"bend the rod";
"twist the dough into a braid";
"the strong man could turn an iron bar"
- let (something) fall or spill a container;
"turn the flour onto a plate"
- shape by rotating on a lathe or cutting device or a wheel;
"turn the legs of the table";
"turn the clay on the wheel"
- to break and turn over earth especially with a plow;
"Farmer Jones plowed his east field last week";
"turn the earth in the Spring"
- change orientation or direction, also in the abstract sense;
"turn towards me";
"The mugger turned and fled before I could see his face";
"She turned from herself and learned to listen to others' needs"
- pass to the other side of;
"turn the corner";
"move around the obstacle"
- to send or let go;
"They turned away the crowd at the gate of the governor's mansion"
- cause to move around a center so as to show another side of;
"turn a page of a book"
- cause to move around or rotate;
"turn a key";
"turn your palm this way"
- cause to move along an axis or into a new direction;
"turn your face to the wall";
"turn the car around";
"turn your dance partner around"
- move around an axis or a center;
"The wheels are turning"
- get by buying and selling;
"the company turned a good profit after a year"
- accomplish by rotating;
"turn a somersault";
- undergo a change or development;
"The water turned into ice";
"Her former friend became her worst enemy";
"He turned traitor"
- cause to change or turn into something different;
assume new characteristics;
"The princess turned the frog into a prince by kissing him";
"The alchemists tried to turn lead into gold"
|Abandonment||withdrawing support or help despite allegiance or responsibility|
"his abandonment of his wife and children left them penniless"
|Abdominal External Oblique Muscle|
|Aberrance||a state or condition markedly different from the norm|
|Aberrancy||a state or condition markedly different from the norm|
|Aberration||an optical phenomenon resulting from the failure of a lens or mirror to produce a good image|
|Abidance||the act of abiding (enduring without yielding)|
|Abnormality||behavior that breaches the rule or etiquette or custom or morality|
View all cognitive synonyms for Turn
|Turn||taking a short walk out and back|
"we took a turn in the park"
|Runt||disparaging terms for small people|
View English words with the unique letters used in turn. Words With The Letters Nrtu
|Walk||use one''s feet to advance|
advance by steps
"Walk, don''t run!"
"We walked instead of driving"
"She walks with a slight limp"
"The patient cannot walk yet"
"Walk over to the cabinet"
View All Names For Turn
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Return (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||return|
|Turn (4 letters)||4||6||nrtu|
|U Turn (6 letters)|
|Turnix (6 letters)||13 +9||15 +9||turnix|
|Nutria (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||nutria|
|Trunk (5 letters)||9 +5||11 +5||turnk|
|Grunt (5 letters)||6 +2||9 +3||grunt|
|Hunter (6 letters)||9 +5||10 +4||hunter|
|Turban (6 letters)||8 +4||11 +5||tbarnu|
|Tuner (5 letters)||5 +1||7 +1||tuner|
|Tureen (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||tenure|
|Turner (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||return|
|Nature (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||nature|
|Brunt (5 letters)||7 +3||10 +4||burnt|
|Antrum (6 letters)||8 +4||11 +5||antrum|
|Neuter (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||tenure|
|Turfan (6 letters)||9 +5||11 +5||turfan|
|Turin (5 letters)||5 +1||7 +1||turin|
|Tundra (6 letters)||7 +3||9 +3||tundra|
|Tunker (6 letters)||10 +6||12 +6||tunker|
|Brunet (6 letters)||8 +4||11 +5||brunet|
|Bunter (6 letters)||8 +4||11 +5||brunet|
|Truant (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||truant|
|Nutter (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||nutter|
|Runt (4 letters)||4||6||nrtu|
Turn Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With T
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters