- Types Of Speech
- You can use go as a article, noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Go
- A 1 syllables article and 2 letters with the letters g, and o, 1 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters go. Go starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters g, and the ending characters are o, ..
- A board game for two players who place counters on a grid; the object is to surround and so capture the opponent''s counters
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Go is set as a kindergarten word that starts with g, ends with o, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 2 letters.
- Is go a scrabble word? A 3 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Go in Pig Latin is said as "ogay or ogway".
- g | o
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a board game for two players who place counters on a grid;
the object is to surround and so capture the opponent's counters
- a usually brief attempt;
"he took a crack at it";
"I gave it a whirl"
- street names for methylenedioxymethamphetamine
- a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else);
"it's my go";
"a spell of work"
- Verb Examples
- enter or assume a certain state or condition;
"He became annoyed when he heard the bad news";
"It must be getting more serious";
"her face went red with anger";
"She went into ecstasy";
- follow a certain course;
"The inauguration went well";
"how did your interview go?"
- pass from physical life and lose all all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life;
"She died from cancer";
"They children perished in the fire";
"The patient went peacefully"
- be abolished or discarded;
"These ugly billboards have to go!";
"These luxuries all had to go under the Khmer Rouge"
- stop operating or functioning;
"The engine finally went";
"The car died on the road";
"The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town";
"The coffee maker broke";
"The engine failed on the way to town";
"her eyesight went after the accident"
- progress by being changed;
"The speech has to go through several more drafts";
"run through your presentation before the meeting"
- give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number;
"I plumped for the losing candidates"
- have a turn;
make one's move in a game;
"Can I go now?"
- to be spent or finished;
"The money had gone after a few days";
"Gas is running low at the gas stations in the Midwest"
- be spent;
"All my money went for food and rent"
- go through in search of something;
search through someone's belongings in an unauthorized way;
"Who rifled through my desk drawers?"
- perform as expected when applied;
"The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in";
"Does this old car still run well?";
"This old radio doesn't work anymore"
- change location;
move, travel, or proceed;
"How fast does your new car go?";
"We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus";
"The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect";
"The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before ni
- move away from a place into another direction;
"go away before I start to cry";
"The train departs at noon"
- begin or set in motion;
"I start at eight in the morning";
"Ready, set, go!"
- make a certain noise or sound;
"She went `Mmmmm'";
"The gun went `bang'"
- follow a procedure or take a course;
"We should go farther in this matter";
"She went through a lot of trouble";
"go about the world in a certain manner";
"Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
- pass, fare, or elapse;
of a certain state of affairs or action;
"How is it going?";
"The day went well until I got your call"
- be or continue to be in a certain condition;
"The children went hungry that day"
- continue to live;
endure or last;
"We went without water and food for 3 days";
"These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America";
"The racecar driver lived through several very serious accidents"
- be awarded;
"The first prize goes to Mary";
"Her money went on clothes"
- be the right size or shape;
fit correctly or as desired;
"This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
- stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope;
run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point;
"Service runs all the way to Cranbury";
"His knowledge doesn't go very far";
"My memory extends back to my fourth year of life";
"The facts ex
- blend or harmonize;
"This flavor will blend with those in your dish";
"This sofa won't go with the chairs"
- be sounded, played, or expressed;
"How does this song go again?"
- be contained in;
"How many times does 18 go into 54?"
- have a particular form;
"the story or argument runs as follows";
"as the saying goes..."
- be ranked or compare;
"This violinist is as good as Juilliard-trained violinists go"
- be in the right place or situation;
"Where do these books belong?";
"Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government";
"Where do these books go?"
- Article Examples
- functioning correctly and ready for action;
"all systems are go"
|Abandon||the trait of lacking restraint or control|
freedom from inhibition or worry
"she danced with abandon"
|Abate||become less in amount or intensity|
"The storm abated"
"The rain let up after a few hours"
|Abide||put up with something or somebody unpleasant|
"I cannot bear his constant criticism"
"The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
"he learned to tolerate the heat"
"She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
|Abjure||formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure|
"He retracted his earlier statements about his religion"
"She abjured her beliefs"
|About||(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct|
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he''s about 30 years old"
"I''ve had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundre
|Accompaniment||the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them|
|Accompany||perform an accompaniment to|
"The orchestra could barely follow the frequent pitch changes of the soprano"
|Accomplishment||the action of accomplishing something|
View all cognitive synonyms for Go
|Go||a board game for two players who place counters on a grid|
the object is to surround and so capture the opponent''s counters
View English words with the unique letters used in go. Words With The Letters Go
View All Names For Go
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Gore (4 letters)||5 +2||6 +2||goer|
|Go (2 letters)||3||4||go|
|Yoga (4 letters)||8 +5||8 +4||yoga|
|Pogy (4 letters)||10 +7||11 +7||pogy|
|Frog (4 letters)||8 +5||9 +5||fgor|
|Dog (3 letters)||5 +2||6 +2||dog|
|Dogy (4 letters)||9 +6||9 +5||dogy|
|Goat (4 letters)||5 +2||6 +2||agot|
|Goby (4 letters)||10 +7||11 +7||bogy|
|Fugo (4 letters)||8 +5||10 +6||fugo|
|Bogy (4 letters)||10 +7||11 +7||bogy|
|Cog (3 letters)||6 +3||8 +4||cog|
|Gyro (4 letters)||8 +5||8 +4||gyro|
|God (3 letters)||5 +2||6 +2||dog|
|Goad (4 letters)||6 +3||7 +3||dago|
|Goop (4 letters)||7 +4||9 +5||goop|
|Toga (4 letters)||5 +2||6 +2||agot|
|Togs (4 letters)||5 +2||6 +2||togs|
|Good (4 letters)||6 +3||7 +3||good|
|Gob (3 letters)||6 +3||8 +4||bgo|
|Ego (3 letters)||4 +1||5 +1||ego|
|Fog (3 letters)||7 +4||8 +4||fog|
|Grog (4 letters)||6 +3||8 +4||grog|
|GAO (3 letters)||4 +1||5 +1||ago|
|GOP (3 letters)||6 +3||8 +4||gop|
Go Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With G
- Ends With O
- Spelled With / Contains Letters