- Types Of Speech
- You can use able as a article or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Able
- A 2 syllables article and 4 letters with the letters a, b, e, and l, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters bl. Able starts with and ends with a vowel with the starting letters a, ab, abl, and the ending characters are e, le, ble, ..
- (usually followed by `to'') having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something; "able to swim"; "she was able to program her computer"; "we were at last able to buy a car"; "able to get a grant for the project"
- Middle English
- Is able a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Able in Pig Latin is said as "ableay or ableway".
- a | b | l | e
- ab | bl | le
- abl | ble
- Word Gram
- Article Examples
- (usually followed by `to') having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something;
"able to swim";
"she was able to program her computer";
"we were at last able to buy a car";
"able to get a grant for the project"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity;
"able to learn";
"human beings are able to walk on two feet";
"Superman is able to leap tall buildings"
- have the skills and qualifications to do things well;
"a capable administrator";
"children as young as 14 can be extremely capable and dependable"
- having a strong healthy body;
"an able seaman";
"every able-bodied young man served in the army"
|Adapted||changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose|
"seeds precisely adapted to the area"
"instructions altered to suit the children''s different ages"
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
|Adequate||(sometimes followed by `to'') meeting the requirements especially of a task|
"she had adequate training"
"her training was adequate"
"she was adequate to the job"
|Adjusted||altered to accommodate to certain requirements or bring into a proper relation|
"an adjusted insurance claim"
"the car runs more smoothly with the timing adjusted"
|Aggressive||having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends|
"an aggressive businessman"
"an aggressive basketball player"
"he was aggressive and imperious
positive in his convictions"
|Alarm||a device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event|
|Alarum||an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger|
|Alert||an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger|
View all cognitive synonyms for Able
|Unable||(usually followed by `to'') not having the necessary means or skill or know-how|
"unable to get to town without a car"
"unable to obtain funds"
|Bale||a large bundle bound for storage or transport|
|Abel||(Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man|
Abel was killed by Cain
|Able||(usually followed by `to'') having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something|
"able to swim"
"she was able to program her computer"
"we were at last able to buy a car"
"able to get a grant for the project"
|Blae||bluish-black or gray-blue|
View English words with the unique letters used in able. Words With The Letters Abel
View All Names For Able
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Amble (5 letters)||9 +3||12 +4||amble|
|Ramble (6 letters)||10 +4||13 +5||marble|
|Ballet (6 letters)||8 +2||11 +3||ballet|
|Blaze (5 letters)||16 +10||18 +10||blaze|
|Battle (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||battle|
|Warble (6 letters)||11 +5||13 +5||brewal|
|Sable (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||basel|
|Barbel (6 letters)||10 +4||13 +5||rabble|
|Bale (4 letters)||6||8||blea|
|Bauble (6 letters)||10 +4||14 +6||bauble|
|Barrel (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||abelrr|
|Blazer (6 letters)||17 +11||19 +11||blazer|
|Marble (6 letters)||10 +4||13 +5||marble|
|Tablet (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||battle|
|Stable (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||tlebsa|
|Table (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||abelt|
|Babel (5 letters)||9 +3||12 +4||abbel|
|Velban (6 letters)||11 +5||15 +7||velban|
|Nebula (6 letters)||8 +2||12 +4||nebula|
|Babble (6 letters)||12 +6||16 +8||babble|
|Blame (5 letters)||9 +3||12 +4||amble|
|Label (5 letters)||7 +1||10 +2||label|
|Blare (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||blear|
|Bleat (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||abelt|
|Barley (6 letters)||11 +5||12 +4||barley|
Able Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters