- Types Of Speech
- You can use bang as a noun, adverb or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Bang
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters a, b, g, and n, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters an. Bang starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters b, ba, ban, and the ending characters are g, ng, ang, ..
- A conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Bang is set as a kindergarten word that starts with b, ends with g, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is bang a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Bang in Pig Latin is said as "angbay or angbway".
- b | a | n | g
- ba | an | ng
- ban | ang
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a conspicuous success;
"that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career";
"that new Broadway show is a real smasher";
"the party went with a bang"
- a fringe of banged hair (cut short squarely across the forehead)
- a sudden very loud noise
- a vigorous blow;
"the sudden knock floored him";
"he took a bash right in his face";
"he got a bang on the head"
- the swift release of a store of affective force;
"they got a great bang out of it";
"what a boot!";
"he got a quick rush from injecting heroin";
"he does it for kicks"
- Verb Examples
- leap, jerk, bang;
"Bullets spanged into the trees"
- strike violently;
"slam the ball"
- close violently;
"He slammed the door shut"
- move noisily;
"The window banged shut";
"The old man banged around the house"
- to produce a sharp often metallic explosive or percussive sound;
"One of them banged the sash of the window nearest my bed"
- Adverb Examples
"he ran bang into the pole";
"ran slap into her"
|Abase||cause to feel shame|
hurt the pride of
"He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
"Abbreviate `New York'' and write `NY''"
|Abide||put up with something or somebody unpleasant|
"I cannot bear his constant criticism"
"The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"
"he learned to tolerate the heat"
"She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
|Abrade||strike against an object|
"She stubbed her one''s toe in the dark and now it''s broken"
|Abridge||reduce in scope while retaining essential elements|
"The manuscript must be shortened"
|Abruptly||quickly and without warning|
"he stopped suddenly"
|Accelerator||a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine|
|Accident||anything that happens by chance without an apparent cause|
|Accidentally||without advance planning|
"they met accidentally"
View all cognitive synonyms for Bang
|Bang||a conspicuous success|
"that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"
"that new Broadway show is a real smasher"
"the party went with a bang"
View English words with the unique letters used in bang. Words With The Letters Abgn
|Success||an attainment that is successful|
"his success in the marathon was unexpected"
"his new play was a great success"
|Blockbuster||an unsually successful hit with widespread popularity and huge sales (especially a movie or play or recording or novel)|
|Megahit||an unsually successful hit with widespread popularity and huge sales (especially a movie or play or recording or novel)|
|Sleeper||an unexpected hit;|
"that movie was the sleeper of the summer"
View All Names For Bang
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Bang (4 letters)||7||10||bang|
|Barong (6 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||bangor|
|Brogan (6 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||bangor|
|Bangor (6 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||bangor|
|Gabon (5 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||gabon|
|Gabun (5 letters)||8 +1||12 +2||gabun|
|Bangs (5 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||bangs|
|Bunga (5 letters)||8 +1||12 +2||gabun|
|Banga (5 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||aabgn|
Bang Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With G
- Spelled With / Contains Letters