- Types Of Speech
- You can use base as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Base
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters a, b, e, and s, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters as. Base starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters b, ba, bas, and the ending characters are e, se, ase, ..
- A support or foundation; "the base of the lamp"
- Old French
- School Grade
- Base is set as a kindergarten word that starts with b, ends with e, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is base a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Base in Pig Latin is said as "asebay or asebway".
- b | a | s | e
- ba | as | se
- bas | ase
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a support or foundation;
"the base of the lamp"
- place that runner must touch before scoring;
"he scrambled to get back to the bag"
- (electronics) the part of a transistor that separates the emitter from the collector
- installation from which a military force initiates operations;
"the attack wiped out our forward bases"
- a flat bottom on which something is intended to sit;
"a tub should sit on its own base"
- the principal ingredient of a mixture;
"glycerinated gelatin is used as a base for many ointments";
"he told the painter that he wanted a yellow base with just a hint of green";
"everything she cooked seemed to have rice as the base"
- lowest support of a structure;
"it was built on a base of solid rock";
"he stood at the foot of the tower"
- the stock of basic facilities and capital equipment needed for the functioning of a country or area;
"the industrial base of Japan"
- the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained;
"the whole argument rested on a basis of conjecture"
- (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed;
"thematic vowels are part of the stem"
- a lower limit;
"the government established a wage floor"
- an intensely anti-western terrorist network that dispenses money and logistical support and training to a wide variety of radical Islamic terrorist group;
has cells in more than 50 countries
- the place where you are stationed and from which missions start and end
- (anatomy) the part of an organ nearest its point of attachment;
"the base of the skull"
- the bottom or lowest part;
"the base of the mountain"
- (numeration system) the positive integer that is equivalent to one in the next higher counting place;
"10 is the radix of the decimal system"
- the most important or necessary part of something;
"the basis of this drink is orange juice"
- the bottom side of a geometric figure from which the altitude can be constructed;
"the base of the triangle"
- any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water;
"bases include oxides and hydroxides of metals and ammonia"
- Verb Examples
- use as a basis for;
"base a claim on some observation"
- assign to a station
- use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes
- Adjective Satellite Examples
"an attempt to eliminate the base coinage"
- having or showing an ignoble lack of honor or morality;
"that liberal obedience without which your army would be a base rabble"- Edmund Burke;
"taking a mean advantage";
"chok'd with ambition of the meaner sort"- Shakespeare;
"something essentially vulga
- of low birth or station (`base' is archaic in this sense);
"baseborn wretches with dirty faces";
"of humble (or lowly) birth"
- serving as or forming a base;
"the painter applied a base coat followed by two finishing coats"
- not adhering to ethical or moral principles;
"base and unpatriotic motives";
"a base, degrading way of life";
"cheating is dishonorable";
"they considered colonialism immoral";
"unethical practices in handling public funds"
- (used of metals) consisting of or alloyed with inferior metal;
"base coins of aluminum";
"a base metal"
|Abase||cause to feel shame|
hurt the pride of
"He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
|Abhorrent||offensive to the mind|
"an abhorrent deed"
"the obscene massacre at Wounded Knee"
"morally repugnant customs"
"the most repulsive character in recent novels"
|Abject||showing humiliation or submissiveness|
"an abject apology"
|Abode||housing that someone is living in|
"he built a modest dwelling near the pond"
"they raise money to provide homes for the homeless"
|Abominable||exceptionally bad or displeasing|
"an awful voice"
"a painful performance"
"an unspeakable odor came sweeping into the room"
|Abusive||characterized by physical or psychological maltreatment|
"argued...that foster homes are abusive"
|Acid||street name for lysergic acid diethylamide|
|Acidity||the property of being acidic|
|Adoring||extravagantly or foolishly loving and indulgent|
"deceiving her preoccupied and doting husband with a young captain"
"hopelessly spoiled by a fond mother"
|Aetiology||the philosophical study of causation|
View all cognitive synonyms for Base
|Base||a support or foundation|
"the base of the lamp"
View English words with the unique letters used in base. Words With The Letters Abes
"his documentation of the results was excellent"
"the strongest support for this this view is the work of Jones"
|Staddle||a base or platform on which hay or corn is stacked|
|Trivet||a stand with short feet used under a hot dish on a table|
View All Names For Base
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Beast (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||abest|
|Abuse (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +2||abuse|
|Basset (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||beasts|
|Base (4 letters)||6||7||base|
|Baste (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||abest|
|Beats (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||abest|
|Abbess (6 letters)||10 +4||12 +5||abbess|
|Bayes (5 letters)||10 +4||10 +3||bayes|
|Tabes (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||abest|
|Abase (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||abase|
|By Sea (6 letters)|
|Beasts (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||beasts|
|Seabee (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||abeees|
|Abases (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||aabess|
|Bates (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||abest|
|Babes (5 letters)||9 +3||11 +4||babes|
|Abets (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||abest|
|Abates (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||beatsa|
|Abbeys (6 letters)||13 +7||14 +7||absyeb|
|Abbes (5 letters)||9 +3||11 +4||babes|
|Basest (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||beasts|
Base Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters