- Types Of Speech
- You can use doctor as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Doctor
- A 2 syllables noun and 6 letters with the letters c, d, o, r, and t, 4 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters ct. Doctor starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters d, do, doc, doct, docto, and the ending characters are r, or, tor, ctor, octor, ..
- Children take the roles of doctor or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the doctor''s office; "the children explored each other''s bodies by playing the game of doctor"
- Middle English
- Compound Words
- A compound word, doctor has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are doc, and tor.
- School Grade
- Doctor is set as a grade six word that starts with d, ends with r, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 6 letters.
- Is doctor a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Doctor in Pig Latin is said as "octorday or octordway".
- d | o | c | t | o | r
- do | oc | ct | to | or
- doc | oct | cto | tor
- doct | octo | ctor
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- children take the roles of doctor or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the doctor's office;
"the children explored each other's bodies by playing the game of doctor"
- a licensed medical practitioner;
"I felt so bad I went to see my doctor"
- a person who holds Ph.D. degree from an academic institution;
"she is a doctor of philosophy in physics"
- (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the othodoxy of their theological teaching;
"the Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages"
- Verb Examples
- give medical treatment to
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken;
"She repaired her TV set";
"Repair my shoes please"
- alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive;
"Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
|Abecedarian||a 16th century sect of Anabaptists centered in Germany who had an absolute disdain for human knowledge|
|Abet||assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing|
|Adulterate||corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance|
often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
|Advert||a public promotion of some product or service|
|Aid||a gift of money to support a worthy person or cause|
|Alleviate||provide physical relief, as from pain|
"This pill will relieve your headaches"
|Alter||remove the ovaries of|
"Is your cat spayed?"
View all cognitive synonyms for Doctor
|Play||the act using a sword (or other weapon) vigorously and skillfully|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Cartroad (8 letters)||11 +2||12 +2||cartroad|
|Abductor (8 letters)||13 +4||16 +6||abductor|
|Adductor (8 letters)||12 +3||14 +4||adductor|
|Doctorow (8 letters)||14 +5||15 +5||doctorow|
Doctor Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With R
- Spelled With / Contains Letters