- Types Of Speech
- You can use job as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Job
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters b, j, and o, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter o. Job starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters j, jo, and the ending characters are b, ob, ..
- A damaging piece of work; "dry rot did the job of destroying the barn"; "the barber did a real job on my hair"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Job is set as a kindergarten word that starts with j, ends with b, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is job a scrabble word? A 12 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Job in Pig Latin is said as "objay or objway".
- j | o | b
- jo | ob
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a damaging piece of work;
"dry rot did the job of destroying the barn";
"the barber did a real job on my hair"
- the performance of a piece of work;
"she did an outstanding job as Ophelia";
"he gave it up as a bad job"
- the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money;
"he's not in my line of business"
- the responsibility to do something;
"it is their job to print the truth"
- a specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee;
"estimates of the city's loss on that job ranged as high as a million dollars";
"the job of repairing the engine took several hours";
"the endless task of classifying the sampl
- a crime (especially a robbery);
"the gang pulled off a bank job in St. Louis"
- a workplace;
as in the expression "on the job";
- an object worked on;
a result produced by working;
"he held the job in his left hand and worked on it with his right"
- a book in the Old Testament containing job's pleas to God about his afflictions and God's reply
- (computer science) a program application that may consist of several steps but is a single logical unit
- any long-suffering person who withstands affliction without despairing
- a Jewish hero in the Old Testament who maintained his faith in God in spite of afflictions that tested him
- a state of difficulty that needs to be resolved;
"she and her husband are having problems";
"it is always a job to contact him";
"urban problems such as traffic congestion and smog"
- Verb Examples
- invest at a risk;
"I bought this house not because I want to live in it but to sell it later at a good price, so I am speculating"
- work occasionally;
"As a student I jobbed during the semester breaks"
- arranged for contracted work to be done by others
- profit privately from public office and official business
|Abstract||a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance|
"he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
|Accomplishment||the action of accomplishing something|
|Achievement||the action of accomplishing something|
|Act||something that people do or cause to happen|
|Action||something done (usually as opposed to something said)|
"there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
|Adventure||a wild and exciting undertaking (not necessarily lawful)|
|Affair||a vaguely specified concern|
"several matters to attend to"
"it is none of your affair"
"things are going well"
|Amount||how much there is of something that you can quantify|
View all cognitive synonyms for Job
|Job||a damaging piece of work|
"dry rot did the job of destroying the barn"
"the barber did a real job on my hair"
View English words with the unique letters used in job. Words With The Letters Bjo
|Work||give a work-out to|
"Some parents exercise their infants"
"My personal trainer works me hard"
"work one''s muscles"
View All Names For Job
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Job (3 letters)||12||15||job|
|Jabot (5 letters)||14 +2||17 +2||jabot|
Job Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With J
- Ends With B
- Spelled With / Contains Letters