- Types Of Speech
- You can use loon as a noun in a sentence.
- About Loon
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters l, n, and o, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters oo. Loon starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters l, lo, loo, and the ending characters are n, on, oon, . Loon is also a double vowel (oo) word. View the double vowel words list.
- Large somewhat primitive fish-eating diving bird of the northern hemisphere having webbed feet placed far back; related to the grebes
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Loon is set as a kindergarten word that starts with l, ends with n, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is loon a scrabble word? A 4 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Loon in Pig Latin is said as "oonlay or oonlway".
- l | o | o | n
- lo | oo | on
- loo | oon
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- large somewhat primitive fish-eating diving bird of the northern hemisphere having webbed feet placed far back;
related to the grebes
- a worthless lazy fellow
- a person with confused ideas;
incapable of serious thought
|Ball||a pitch that is not in the strike zone|
"he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
|Bather||a person who takes a bath|
|Bedlamite||an archaic term for a lunatic|
|Bit||the cutting part of a drill|
usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press
"he looked around for the right size bit"
|Blank||a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet|
|Block||(American football) the act of obstructing someone''s path with your body|
"he threw a rolling block into the line backer"
View all cognitive synonyms for Loon
|Loon||large somewhat primitive fish-eating diving bird of the northern hemisphere having webbed feet placed far back|
related to the grebes
View English words with the unique letters used in loon. Words With The Letters Lno
|Gavia||type genus of the Gavidae: loons|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Lesson (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||lesson|
|Felony (6 letters)||12 +8||13 +7||felony|
|Falcon (6 letters)||11 +7||14 +8||falcon|
|Anolis (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||anolis|
|Anole (5 letters)||5 +1||7 +1||aelno|
|Lowan (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +4||lowan|
|Loon (4 letters)||4||6||loon|
|Solan (5 letters)||5 +1||7 +1||salon|
|Lion (4 letters)||4||6||olin|
|Lionet (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||entoil|
|Tiglon (6 letters)||7 +3||10 +4||tiglon|
|Talon (5 letters)||5 +1||7 +1||alnot|
|Loin (4 letters)||4||6||olin|
|Saloon (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||alonso|
|Blazon (6 letters)||17 +13||20 +14||blazon|
|Dongle (6 letters)||8 +4||11 +5||dongle|
|Lodine (6 letters)||7 +3||9 +3||lodine|
|Nalfon (6 letters)||9 +5||12 +6||nalfon|
|Flagon (6 letters)||10 +6||13 +7||flagon|
|Insole (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||lesion|
|Klaxon (6 letters)||17 +13||19 +13||klaxon|
|Claxon (6 letters)||15 +11||18 +12||claxon|
|Clone (5 letters)||7 +3||10 +4||clone|
|Lorfan (6 letters)||9 +5||11 +5||lorfan|
|Loaner (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +2||aloner|
Loon Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With L
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters