- Types Of Speech
- You can use prescription as a noun in a sentence.
- About Prescription
- A 3 syllables noun and 12 letters with the letters c, e, i, n, o, p, r, s, and t, 8 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters ri. Prescription starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters p, pr, pre, pres, presc, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, tion, ption, ..
- A drug that is available only with written instructions from a doctor or dentist to a pharmacist; "he told the doctor that he had been taking his prescription regularly"
- Compound Words
- A compound word, prescription has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are prescript, and ion.
- School Grade
- Prescription is set as a grade five word that starts with p, ends with n, 3 syllables, 4 vowels and 12 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Prescription in Pig Latin is said as "escriptionpray or escriptionprway".
- p | r | e | s | c | r | i | p | t | i | o | n
- pr | re | es | sc | cr | ri | ip | pt | ti | io | on
- pre | res | esc | scr | cri | rip | ipt | pti | tio | ion
- pres | resc | escr | scri | crip | ript | ipti | ptio | tion
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a drug that is available only with written instructions from a doctor or dentist to a pharmacist;
"he told the doctor that he had been taking his prescription regularly"
- written instructions from a physician or dentist to a druggist concerning the form and dosage of a drug to be issued to a given patient
- written instructions for an optician on the lenses for a given person
- directions prescribed beforehand;
the action of prescribing authoritative rules or directions;
"I tried to follow her prescription for success"
|Abidance||the act of abiding (enduring without yielding)|
|Accessory||a supplementary component that improves capability|
|Act||something that people do or cause to happen|
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Agency||how a result is obtained or an end is achieved|
"a means of control"
"an example is the best agency of instruction"
"the true way to success"
|Aid||the work of caring for or attending to someone or something|
"no medical care was required"
"the old car needed constant attention"
|Alleviation||the act of reducing something unpleasant (as pain or annoyance)|
"he asked the nurse for relief from the constant pain"
View all cognitive synonyms for Prescription
|Over The Counter Drug|
|Over The Counter Medicine|
|Medicament||(medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease|
|Medication||the act of treating with medicines or remedies|
|Medicine||the learned profession that is mastered by graduate training in a medical school and that is devoted to preventing or alleviating or curing diseases and injuries|
"he studied medicine at Harvard"
|Refill||a commercial product that refills a container with its appropriate contents;|
"he got a refill for his ball-point pen";
"he got a refill for his notebook"
Prescription Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With N