- Types Of Speech
- You can use range as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Range
- A 2 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters a, e, g, n, and r, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter n. Range starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters r, ra, ran, rang, and the ending characters are e, ge, nge, ange, ..
- A kitchen appliance used for cooking food; "dinner was already on the stove"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Range is set as a sat word that starts with r, ends with e, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is range a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Range in Pig Latin is said as "angeray or angerway".
- r | a | n | g | e
- ra | an | ng | ge
- ran | ang | nge
- rang | ange
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a kitchen appliance used for cooking food;
"dinner was already on the stove"
- an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet";
"the ambit of municipal legislation";
"within the compass of this article";
"within the scope of an investigation";
"outside the reach of the law";
- the limit of capability;
"within the compass of education"
- a variety of different things or activities;
"he answered a range of questions";
"he was impressed by the range and diversity of the collection"
- the limits within which something can be effective;
"range of motion";
"he was beyond the reach of their fire"
- a large tract of grassy open land on which livestock can graze;
"they used to drive the cattle across the open range every spring";
"he dreamed of a home on the range"
- a series of hills or mountains;
"the valley was between two ranges of hills";
"the plains lay just beyond the mountain range"
- the limits of the values a function can take;
"the range of this function is the interval from 0 to 1"
- a place for shooting (firing or driving) projectiles of various kinds;
"the army maintains a missile range in the desert";
"any good golf club will have a range where you can practice"
- Verb Examples
- assign a rank or rating to;
"how would you rank these students?";
"The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- let eat;
"range the animals in the prairie"
- lay out in a line
- feed as in a meadow or pasture;
"the herd was grazing"
- move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment;
"The gypsies roamed the woods";
"the wandering Jew";
"The cattle roam across the prairie";
"the laborers drift from one town to the next";
- range or extend over;
occupy a certain area;
"The plants straddle the entire state"
- change or be different within limits;
"Estimates for the losses in the earthquake range as high as $2 billion";
"Interest rates run from 5 to 10 percent";
"The instruments ranged from tuba to cymbals";
"My students range from very bright to dull"
- have a range;
be capable of projecting over a certain distance, as of a gun;
"This gun ranges over two miles"
|Anger||belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)|
|Range||a kitchen appliance used for cooking food|
"dinner was already on the stove"
View English words with the unique letters used in range. Words With The Letters Aegnr
|Cookstove||a stove for cooking (especially a wood- or coal-burning kitchen stove)|
|Potbelly||a bulbous stove in which wood or coal is burned|
|Primus||a portable paraffin cooking stove;|
used by campers
View All Hyponyms For Range
View All Names For Range
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Anger (5 letters)||6||8||range|
|Tanager (7 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||tanager|
|Gnawer (6 letters)||10 +4||12 +4||gnawer|
|Garner (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||ranger|
|Grange (6 letters)||8 +2||11 +3||grange|
|Range (5 letters)||6||8||range|
|Wagner (6 letters)||10 +4||12 +4||gnawer|
|Reggane (7 letters)||9 +3||12 +4||reggane|
|Avenger (7 letters)||11 +5||14 +6||avenger|
|Ranger (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||ranger|
|Granger (7 letters)||9 +3||12 +4||aeggnrr|
|Ganger (6 letters)||8 +2||11 +3||grange|
|Grantee (7 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||aeegnrt|
|Granter (7 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||granter|
|Nagger (6 letters)||8 +2||11 +3||grange|
|Reagan (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||reagan|
|Sanger (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||sanger|
|Sargent (7 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||strange|
|Arenga (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||reagan|
|Anergy (6 letters)||10 +4||11 +3||anergy|
|Garnet (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||garnet|
|Reagent (7 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||aeegnrt|
|Argent (6 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||garnet|
|Arrange (7 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||arrange|
|Engrave (7 letters)||11 +5||14 +6||avenger|
Range Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With R
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters