- Types Of Speech
- You can use abbreviation as a noun in a sentence.
- About Abbreviation
- A 5 syllables noun and 12 letters with the letters a, b, e, i, n, o, r, t, and v, 6 consonants, 6 vowels and 5 syllables with the middle letters vi. Abbreviation starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, ab, abb, abbr, abbre, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, tion, ation, . Abbreviation is also a double consonant (bb) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Shortening something by omitting parts of it
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Abbreviation is set as a grade six word that starts with a, ends with n, 5 syllables, 6 vowels and 12 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Abbreviation in Pig Latin is said as "abbreviationay or abbreviationway".
- a | b | b | r | e | v | i | a | t | i | o | n
- ab | bb | br | re | ev | vi | ia | at | ti | io | on
- abb | bbr | bre | rev | evi | via | iat | ati | tio | ion
- abbr | bbre | brev | revi | evia | viat | iati | atio | tion
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- shortening something by omitting parts of it
- a shortened form of a word or phrase
|Abridgement||a shortened version of a written work|
|Abridgment||a shortened version of a written work|
|Abstract||a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance|
"he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
|Abstraction||a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples|
|Addition||the act of adding one thing to another|
"the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect"
"the addition of a leap day every four years"
|Apocope||abbreviation of a word by omitting the final sound or sounds|
"the British get `pud'' from `pudding'' by apocope"
|Aposiopesis||breaking off in the middle of a sentence (as by writers of realistic conversations)|
View all cognitive synonyms for Abbreviation
|Abbreviation||shortening something by omitting parts of it|
View English words with the unique letters used in abbreviation. Words With The Letters Abeinortv
|Shortening||act of decreasing in length|
"the dress needs shortening"
Abbreviation Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With N