- Types Of Speech
- You can use connection as a noun in a sentence.
- About Connection
- A 3 syllables noun and 10 letters with the letters c, e, i, n, o, and t, 6 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters ec. Connection starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, co, con, conn, conne, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, tion, ction, . Connection is also a double consonant (nn) word. View the double consonant words list.
- The act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication); "the joining of hands around the table"; "there was a connection via the internet"
- Old French
- Compound Words
- A compound word, connection has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are connect, and ion.
- Pig Latin
- Connection in Pig Latin is said as "onnectioncay or onnectioncway".
- c | o | n | n | e | c | t | i | o | n
- co | on | nn | ne | ec | ct | ti | io | on
- con | onn | nne | nec | ect | cti | tio | ion
- conn | onne | nnec | nect | ecti | ctio | tion
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication);
"the joining of hands around the table";
"there was a connection via the internet"
- shifting from one form of transportation to another;
"the plane was late and he missed his connection in Atlanta"
- an instrumentality that connects;
"he soldered the connection";
"he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers"
- the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination;
"conditioning is a form of learning by association"
- a supplier (especially of narcotics)
- (usually plural) a person who is influential and to whom you are connected in some way (as by family or friendship);
"he has powerful connections"
- a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it);
"there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare"
- a connecting shape
- the state of being connected;
"the connection between church and state is inescapable"
|Abutment||a masonry support that touches and directly receives thrust or pressure of an arch or bridge|
|Access||the act of approaching or entering|
"he gained access to the building"
|Accession||the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne)|
"Elizabeth''s accession in 1558"
|Accountability||responsibility to someone or for some activity|
|Acquaintance||personal knowledge or information about someone or something|
|Act Of Love|
|Addition||the act of adding one thing to another|
"the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect"
"the addition of a leap day every four years"
View all cognitive synonyms for Connection
|Connection||the act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication)|
"the joining of hands around the table"
"there was a connection via the internet"
View English words with the unique letters used in connection. Words With The Letters Ceinot
|Conjoin||make contact or come together|
"The two roads join here"
|Connect||make a logical or causal connection|
"I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"
"colligate these facts"
"I cannot relate these events at all"
|Get In Touch|
|Join||a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets|
"let C be the union of the sets A and B"
|Link||a fastener that serves to join or link|
"the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
|Unite||join or combine|
"We merged our resources"
|Change Of Integrity|
|Adjunction||an act of joining or adjoining things|
|Approximation||the act of bringing near or bringing together especially the cut edges of tissue|
|Articulation||the act of joining things in such a way that motion is possible|
|Attachment||the act of fastening things together|
|Bringing Close Together|
|Concatenation||the act of linking together as in a series or chain|
|Convergence||the act of converging (coming closer)|
|Convergency||the act of converging (coming closer)|
|Converging||the act of converging (coming closer)|
View All Hyponyms For Connection
Connection Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters