- Types Of Speech
- You can use lieutenant as a noun in a sentence.
- About Lieutenant
- A 4 syllables noun and 10 letters with the letters a, e, i, l, n, t, and u, 5 consonants, 5 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letters te. Lieutenant starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters l, li, lie, lieu, lieut, and the ending characters are t, nt, ant, nant, enant, ..
- An assistant with power to act when his superior is absent
- Middle French
- Compound Words
- A compound word, lieutenant has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are lieu, and tenant.
- School Grade
- Lieutenant is set as a grade seven word that starts with l, ends with t, 4 syllables, 5 vowels and 10 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Lieutenant in Pig Latin is said as "ieutenantlay or ieutenantlway".
- l | i | e | u | t | e | n | a | n | t
- li | ie | eu | ut | te | en | na | an | nt
- lie | ieu | eut | ute | ten | ena | nan | ant
- lieu | ieut | eute | uten | tena | enan | nant
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- an assistant with power to act when his superior is absent
- an officer in a police force
- a commissioned military officer
- an officer holding a commissioned rank in the United States Navy or the United States Coast Guard;
below lieutenant commander and above lieutenant junior grade
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Acolyte||someone who assists a priest or minister in a liturgical service|
a cleric ordained in the highest of the minor orders in the Roman Catholic Church but not in the Anglican Church or the Eastern Orthodox Churches
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
|Adjutant||large Indian stork with a military gait|
|Administrator||someone who manages a government agency or department|
|Admiral||any of several brightly colored butterflies|
|Advocate||a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea|
View all cognitive synonyms for Lieutenant
|Lieutenant||an assistant with power to act when his superior is absent|
View English words with the unique letters used in lieutenant. Words With The Letters Aeilntu
|Depute||give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)|
|Deputise||appoint as a substitute|
|Deputize||appoint as a substitute|
|Assistant||a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose|
"my invaluable assistant"
"they hired additional help to finish the work"
|Help||the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose|
"he gave me an assist with the housework"
"could not walk without assistance"
"rescue party went to their aid"
"offered his help in unloading"
|Helper||a person who helps people or institutions (especially with financial help)|
|Second In Command|
Lieutenant Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With L
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters