- Types Of Speech
- You can use separate as a article, noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Separate
- A 3 syllables article and 8 letters with the letters a, e, p, r, s, and t, 4 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters ar. Separate starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters s, se, sep, sepa, separ, and the ending characters are e, te, ate, rate, arate, ..
- A garment that can be purchased separately and worn in combinations with other garments
- School Grade
- Separate is set as a sat word that starts with s, ends with e, 3 syllables, 4 vowels and 8 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Separate in Pig Latin is said as "eparatesay or eparatesway".
- s | e | p | a | r | a | t | e
- se | ep | pa | ar | ra | at | te
- sep | epa | par | ara | rat | ate
- sepa | epar | para | arat | rate
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a garment that can be purchased separately and worn in combinations with other garments
- a separately printed article that originally appeared in a larger publication
- Verb Examples
- divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork;
"The road forks"
- become separated into pieces or fragments;
"The figurine broke";
"The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
- mark as different;
"We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- arrange or order by classes or categories;
"How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
- divide into components or constituents;
"separate the wheat from the chaff"
- force, take, or pull apart;
"He separated the fighting children";
"Moses parted the Red Sea"
- come apart;
"The two pieces that we had glued separated"
- go one's own away;
"The friends separated after the party"
- make a division or separation
- discontinue an association or relation;
go different ways;
"The business partners broke over a tax question";
"The couple separated after 25 years of marriage";
"My friend and I split up"
- separate into parts or portions;
"divide the cake into three equal parts";
"The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
- treat differently on the basis of sex or race
- act as a barrier between;
"The mountain range divides the two countries"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- standing apart;
not attached to or supported by anything;
"a freestanding bell tower";
"a house with a separate garage"
- individual and distinct;
"pegged down each separate branch to the earth";
"a gift for every single child"
- have the connection undone;
having become separate
- separated according to race, sex, class, or religion;
"separate but equal";
"girls and boys in separate classes"
- characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing;
"an individual serving";
"a single bed"
- not living together as man and wife;
"decided to live apart";
"maintaining separate households";
"they are separated"
- Article Examples
not united or joint;
"a problem consisting of two separate issues";
"they went their separate ways";
"formed a separate church"
|Aberrate||diverge or deviate from the straight path|
"The surfaces of the concave lens may be proportioned so as to aberrate exactly equal to the convex lens"
|Abrupt||surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner|
"an abrupt reply"
|Adhere||follow through or carry out a plan without deviation|
"They adhered to their plan"
"This drug aggravates the pain"
|Agree To Differ|
|Agree To Disagree|
|Alien||a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere|
|Alienate||arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness|
|Alienated||caused to be unloved|
|Alone||without any others being included or involved|
"was entirely to blame"
"a school devoted entirely to the needs of problem children"
"he works for Mr. Smith exclusively"
"did it solely for money"
"the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone"
View all cognitive synonyms for Separate
|Separate||a garment that can be purchased separately and worn in combinations with other garments|
View English words with the unique letters used in separate. Words With The Letters Aeprst
|Garment||an article of clothing|
"garments of the finest silk"
Separate Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters