- Types Of Speech
- You can use short as a article, noun, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Short
- A 1 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters h, o, r, s, and t, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter o. Short starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, sh, sho, shor, and the ending characters are t, rt, ort, hort, ..
- The fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between 2nd and 3rd base
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Short is set as a grade one word that starts with s, ends with t, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is short a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Short in Pig Latin is said as "ortshay or ortshway".
- s | h | o | r | t
- sh | ho | or | rt
- sho | hor | ort
- shor | hort
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between 2nd and 3rd base
- the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- Verb Examples
- create a short-circuit in
- cheat someone by not returning him enough money
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- most direct;
"took the shortest and most direct route to town"
- quickly aroused to anger;
"a hotheaded commander"
- unwilling to endure;
"she was short with the slower students"
- lacking foresight or scope;
"a short view of the problem";
"shortsighted critics derided the plan";
- (of memory) deficient in retentiveness or range;
"a short memory"
- used of syllables that are unaccented or of relatively brief duration
- not sufficient to meet a need;
"an inadequate income";
"a poor salary";
"money is short";
"on short rations";
"food is in short supply";
"short on experience"
- less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so;
"a light pound";
"a scant cup of sugar";
"regularly gives short weight"
- containing a large amount of shortening;
therefore tender and easy to crumble or break into flakes;
"shortbread is a short crumbly cookie";
"a short flaky pie crust"
- Article Examples
- primarily spatial sense;
having little length or lacking in length;
"the board was a foot short";
"a short toss"
- primarily temporal sense;
indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration;
"a short life";
"a short flight";
"a short holiday";
"a short story";
"only a few short months"
- of speech sounds (especially vowels) of relatively short duration (as e.g. the English vowel sounds in `pat', `pet', `pit', `pot', putt')
- not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices;
"a short sale";
"short in cotton"
- low in stature;
"his was short and stocky";
"short in stature";
"a short smokestack"
- Adverb Examples
- quickly and without warning;
"he stopped suddenly"
- in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner;
"he told me curtly to get on with it";
"he talked short with everyone";
"he said shortly that he didn't like it"
"she caught him up short on his lapel"
- at a disadvantage;
"I was caught short"
- so as to interrupt;
"She took him up short before he could continue"
- at some point or distance before a goal is reached;
"he fell short of our expectations"
- clean across;
"the car's axle snapped short"
- without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold;
"he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash"
"taken aback by the caustic remarks"
"Abbreviate `New York'' and write `NY''"
|Abbreviated||(of clothing) very short|
"an abbreviated swimsuit"
"a brief bikini"
|Abrasive||a substance that abrades or wears down|
|Abridged||(used of texts) shortened by condensing or rewriting|
"an abridged version"
|Abrupt||surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner|
"an abrupt reply"
|Abruptly||quickly and without warning|
"he stopped suddenly"
|Accidentally||without advance planning|
"they met accidentally"
in a position of comfort or rest
|Actor||a theatrical performer|
View all cognitive synonyms for Short
|Short||the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between 2nd and 3rd base|
|Horst||a ridge of the earth''s crust that has been forced upward between two faults and so is higher than the surrounding land|
View English words with the unique letters used in short. Words With The Letters Horst
|Position||the act of positing|
an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Short (5 letters)||8||7||short|
|Shorts (6 letters)||9 +1||8 +1||horsst|
|Shooter (7 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||soother|
|Throes (6 letters)||9 +1||8 +1||others|
|Borscht (7 letters)||14 +6||15 +8||bortsch|
|Borsht (6 letters)||11 +3||11 +4||borsht|
|Bortsch (7 letters)||14 +6||15 +8||bortsch|
|Earshot (7 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||earshot|
|Horst (5 letters)||8||7||short|
|Shouter (7 letters)||10 +2||10 +3||shouter|
|Suharto (7 letters)||10 +2||10 +3||suharto|
|Souther (7 letters)||10 +2||10 +3||shouter|
|Reshoot (7 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||soother|
|Soother (7 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||soother|
|Shorter (7 letters)||10 +2||9 +2||ehorrst|
|Outrush (7 letters)||10 +2||11 +4||outrush|
|Authors (7 letters)||10 +2||10 +3||suharto|
Short Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters