- Types Of Speech
- You can use color as a article, noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Color
- A 2 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters c, l, o, and r, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter l. Color starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, co, col, colo, and the ending characters are r, or, lor, olor, ..
- The appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person''s perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Color is set as a kindergarten word that starts with c, ends with r, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is color a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Color in Pig Latin is said as "olorcay or olorcway".
- c | o | l | o | r
- co | ol | lo | or
- col | olo | lor
- colo | olor
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
- an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading;
"he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity";
"he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction";
"the situation soon took on a different color"
- a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect;
"a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"
- the timbre of a musical sound;
"the recording fails to capture the true color of the original music"
- interest and variety and intensity;
"the Puritan Period was lacking in color"
- (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction;
each flavor of quarks comes in three colors
- a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks)
- any material used for its color;
"she used a different color for the trim"
- Verb Examples
- change color, often in an undesired manner;
"The shirts discolored"
- add color to;
"The child colored the drawings";
"Fall colored the trees";
"colorize black and white film"
- affect as in thought or feeling;
"My personal feelings color my judgment in this case";
"The sadness tinged his life"
- gloss or excuse;
"color a lie"
- decorate with colors;
"color the walls with paint in warm tones"
- modify or bias;
"His political ideas color his lectures"
- Article Examples
- having or capable of producing colors;
"he rented a color television";
"marvelous color illustrations"
|Absinth||strong green liqueur flavored with wormwood and anise|
|Absinthe||strong green liqueur flavored with wormwood and anise|
|Abuse||cruel or inhumane treatment|
|Acorn||fruit of the oak tree: a smooth thin-walled nut in a woody cup-shaped base|
|Acting||the performance of a part or role in a drama|
|Action||something done (usually as opposed to something said)|
"there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
|Adjunct||a construction that is part of a sentence but not essential to its meaning and can be omitted without making the sentence ungrammatical|
|Adorn||make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.|
"Decorate the room for the party"
"beautify yourself for the special day"
View all cognitive synonyms for Color
|Color||the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person''s perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation|
View English words with the unique letters used in color. Words With The Letters Clor
|Appearance||the act of appearing in public view|
"the rookie made a brief appearance in the first period"
"it was Bernhardt''s last appearance in America"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Collar (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +2||collar|
|Carol (5 letters)||7||9||carol|
|Coral (5 letters)||7||9||carol|
|Claro (5 letters)||7||9||carol|
|Colors (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +1||colors|
|Colours (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +3||colours|
|Corral (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +1||aclorr|
|Ocular (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +2||ocular|
|Color (5 letters)||7||9||color|
|Colour (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +2||colour|
|Scroll (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +2||scroll|
|Wroclaw (7 letters)||15 +8||17 +8||wroclaw|
|Locator (7 letters)||9 +2||11 +2||locator|
|Carroll (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +3||carroll|
|Lorca (5 letters)||7||9||carol|
|Carlos (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +1||carlos|
|Corolla (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +3||corolla|
|Clotbur (7 letters)||11 +4||15 +6||clotbur|
|Corylus (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +5||corylus|
|Crottal (7 letters)||9 +2||11 +2||crottal|
|Crotal (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +1||crotal|
|Clorox (6 letters)||15 +8||17 +8||clorox|
|Courtly (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +5||courtly|
|Scrotal (7 letters)||9 +2||11 +2||aclorst|
|Crossly (7 letters)||12 +5||13 +4||crossly|
Color Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With R
- Spelled With / Contains Letters